I'm reading The Hole in Our Gospel, by Richard Stearns, President of World Vision, an organization I love. The book has numerous takeaways, but one that stands out is God's patient wooing process of each of us. His time is not our time and we have no idea what He is preparing us for. When asked "How do you want World Vision to be perceived twenty-five years from now?" Richard replied:
If it could be said of us that we gave the poor a voice, that we provoked the rich and the powerful to action and that we gave hope to people trapped in hopelessness, I would be deeply gratified. My favorite Bible passage is from the book of Job. It would make a wonderful epitaph for World Vision:
Whoever heard me spoke well of me, and those who saw me commended me, because I rescued the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist him.
The man who was dying blessed me; I made the widow's heart sing.
I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban.
I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame.
I was a father to the needy; I took up the case of the stranger.
I broke the fangs of the wicked; and snatched the victims from their teeth.
Read more: http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/05/ten_or_so_quest.html#ixzz0QE8mxpOt
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment