Those who know me well know that where I reside is not so important. Over the years, I have come to terms with the temporal nature of things including homes. Moving to Ponce, I took only my HBA’s and clothes and learned quickly that I didn’t have to have the skillet I love or the Cutco knives or countless other items. For the record, both Pampered Chef & Cutco started as favors for friends. I know you know what mean!
But it occurred to me this morn that come November, I will be longing for the solitude of this boardwalk. I nearly kill myself some days trying to get out here by 7am after seeing my husband off, coffee, bible reading, checking email, etc. Walking out onto the water reminds me that my Creator didn’t intend for me to get caught up or hang on to anything but Him in this life. Everything will pass from this world except Him. Reading through Jeremiah this month, I’m reminded that God measures us not by what we have, but by our obedience, faithfulness & a heart that surrenders all that we have to Him. His salvation, peace, & protection are the greatest riches anyone can have and they’re not temporary!
Speaking of temporary riches, did I show you this little skirt I bought at Ann Taylor Loft yesterday after church? They're having a sale AND they gave will give you a $25 gift card for spending $50! I don't know about you, but that's the deal of the week! However, I should've been buying water & batteries in preparation for Tropical Storm Fay!Robbie O'brien had a great service at http://www.thebeachsidechurch.com/ in Ormond Beach yesterday. It was packed with people and intense in both worship & teaching. Beachside people were embracing and they also serve up a fair amount of food & coffee. One thing I had never seen was the line of tiny cups filled with cheerios for kids making the donuts last a lot longer for the rest of us, making the parents happy and requiring less sugar/carpet cleanup. :-) He also provided communion 'during' the connection & kids departure time so that everyone was standing talking and those who chose could go forward, bring their offering & take communion unnoticed. Not sure who first made the Lord's supper a solemn moment, but yesterday was cool.


No comments:
Post a Comment