Election years have always been exciting for me. As a child, I had public servants on both sides (of the family, not the aisle). My daddy was a reddish-blonde Andy Griffith and I adored him! His TN state position and disposition, from my small perspective, seemed to teeter on whoever was elected to whatever office, particularly governor. We would all be on the edge of our seats until the newly crowned took office and the administration changes were made. I didn't know why at the time, but I loved the excitement! I'm sure my daddy didn't.
Some things have changed over 40 years. But there is still good ole corruption and many say just what we want to hear making the parties indistinguishable much of the time. I lean unashamedly to the right and am pro-life, pro-gun, pro-bible, pro-God, pro-man/woman marriage, pro-America, pro-capitalist, pro-small government, etc. I've stayed awake at night yearning for someone to dig both heels in & define 'my side' again, just like the old days.
Alas, in one quick evening, Sarah Palin did us all a favor by single-handedly shoving the elephants back to the right of center. Granted, she's only the VP nominee, but she & her family exemplify what I love about America, fighting for & achieving much through hard work, passion & loyalty. Her firm conservative stance, grass-roots experience, fearlessness & wit are just what I needed to get excited again! Win or lose, bring on November!


No comments:
Post a Comment